Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thanksgiving surprise: Wii!

Hello again. I was thinking about my next trip to Indiana and how to make the most of it. The weather probably won't be too great to go barbeque or play outside, and lets face it, I don't want to go anywhere when my stomach is filled with lots and lots of turkey. Sorry Wasil, the turkey legs are mine!


So I went ahead and bought a Wii. Wasil and his 2 nakama (Luqman and Hamzah) wanted the 360 (obviously) but that leaves Hana and Muhsin with nothing. So to also accomodate them in the equation, I thought Wii would be perfect. Given the fact that Wiis are selling like hotcakes ($10 if you can find it in store right now) and its wide range of consumers (even Mak can play!), its a perfect solution to my Thanksgiving wish.

Actually I bought one at Wal-Mart (sold out in 1 day) right after they stocked it. Opened it, played it for a couple of hours. Took about 10 minutes to get used to the well-designed controls before I started enjoying the console.

There's another reason behind why I wanted a Wii - so I can do a little modification to it. I want to be able to run back-ups in case the original games got scratched (who knows when you have 5 little siblings... anything could happen). The modification requires an older 06-early-07 model to accomplish such feat without risking a "Wii-brick". On a side note, check out my e-bay sniping program. 2 seconds left... SNIPE.


I sold the new Wii to a fellow Cerner associate for $250. I figure I played the game enough to justify the +tax cost. I paid close to $270 when I bought it at Wal-Mart. So you think $380 is expensive? Sure. It came however with 2 additional controllers, valued $60. Well I view it like this: It will pay itself off. Oh yeah. Kinda funny how overpriced it is, but for such a high demand product, adding to it its value for being old, it's worth it.

Below is the magic chip. Shipment came as a '10% off coupon' in a small yellow envelop from Canada. Man those people sure knows how to be tricky! Check out how small it is!


Find Waldo! Where's Waldo? Look! There!

El chippo costed me $23 Washingtons, a little less than a genuine Wii game... good investment! Its as big as my thumbnail!


I'll definitely update on the progress of this project when the Wii gets here. Soldering iron here I come! Until then, cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!!!





hamzah

Anonymous said...

sweet... you really like to solder...