Friday, October 28, 2011

Adik Feyruz in the Belly

So this is one of the ‘cerita basi’ that I haven’t have a chance to put it up on the blog. Been quite busy handling the house negotiations with the seller & the bank, and at the same time Feyruz been sick for a while. But don’t worry, he is in better shape now.

I found out that I was pregnant in Sept when I missed my period for more than a month. Asked Amin to get me pregnancy test, and it took him 2 weeks to do so. I think he was not quite ready to find out the truth hehe… I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t surprise. I remember me & Amin talked about our lives having another baby (after we found out we are getting another one) for a week or so. Just to make sure we are on the same page, and we are ready for another round of having a newborn in the house.

I’m not that worry about the pregnancy and the labor. I’m more scared thinking that I have to take care of two little ones soon. Feyruz with his itching & scratching, and the other one with I-don’t-know-her-condition-yet. Okay I try not to think far far ahead, or negatively, but I’m just not sure about the unknown. I pray everyday hoping that our second will bring more joy and laugh, and make our lives easier. Ameen.. ameen..

So on Oct. 13, we went to my first prenatal visit. Based on my period calculation, our little one should be around 7 weeks at that time. She gave us the due date on June 3 next year. I complained about having pelvic cramps almost everyday. The nurse wasn’t sure why I experience that (but she did say that some women who are having their second pregnancy reported the same cramping problem). She wanted us to come back the next day for ultrasound to make sure that the baby is at the right position and not the reason I had cramps.

Here’s the ultrasound photo we got:

IMG_1852

First thing the technician said that the baby looks bigger that 7 weeks old. At 7 weeks, the baby will look like a peanut (meaning you can see the head and the bottom). But in this photo, you can already see a baby with ears, nose, wiggly little hands and feet. So the technician measured from her head to her bottom, and tadaaa.. already 12 weeks! And the estimated due date move to April 26.

As of Feyruz, he was pretty happy to see the ultrasound. Not sure if he knew what that means, but I told him everyday to be nice to Ummi because she got a baby in her belly! Open-mouthed smile

No comments: